If you are capable of taking excellent class notes, you are well on your way to becoming a good student. Your work, however, doesn’t end once you leave the classroom. To get great grades, you need to make studying and reviewing notes and other class materials a regular part of your life. Panicking the night before a test and trying to learn a few months’ material in a few hours won’t get you the grades that you want, but cultivating good study habits will!
Developing a study schedule and following it consistently is a good starting point, but it’s not enough. You also have to learn how to study effectively. This part of the website will outline the best study techniques around and identify common study mistakes that well-intentioned students make. Overall, the information in this section will help you to use your time as productively as possible so you can maximize the amount that you learn during each session. After you’ve read through this section, you will know:
- How to focus on important concepts
- How to use common study tools such as notes and textbooks
- Why a regular study routine works better than cramming
- How to create a productive study environment
- How studying with a partner can help
- Why regular breaks are important
- And much more!