Important Details to Add to Notes
Getting the main points of a lecture onto paper should be your top priority. However, it is important to note that adding details to your notes is also a good idea because it can make it easier for you to organize and review your notes. As a result, there is a lot of information that you can add to your notes, and it is important to know what you should add and what you shouldn't. Here are some of the points that you should add to your class notes:
- The main subject: Write the main topic of the lecture at the top of every page to make organizing your notes and finding information about specific topics easier.
- Subtopics: Along with the main topic, related subtopics should be written on each page for the same reasons mentioned above.
- Dates: Write the date of the lecture on all of your notes. This will make it easier to locate the notes for a specific class, which can help you and any friends that may come to you looking to borrow notes for a missed class.
- Page numbers: Number your notes so the pages can easily be put back into their proper place if you decide to remove them or if they fall out of your binder accidentally.
- References to supplementary information: Class lectures will usually only provide a general overview of the topics that are covered. Your textbook is an excellent source of supplementary information, so reference the relevant chapters and/or page numbers to make it easier for you to find the in-depth information that you need when you need it.
Test Taking Central-Home
Last Updated: 03/20/2013