Arrive With all of the Supplies that you Might Need
Preparing for a test isn't just a matter of reviewing your notes and completing practice problems. You also need to make sure that you arrive with all of the supplies that you might need to complete the test or exam. To ensure that you don't forget anything, gather everything that you will need the night before and place it on your desk so that you can simply grab your supplies in the morning and be on your way. A few things that you might need to take with you are:
- Pens/pencils/pencil sharpener/erasers/white out: Obviously, you should bring a pen or pencil to every type of test or exam. It's always a good idea to bring a spare pen or two in case one runs out of ink while you're writing. Bring along white out and/or a good quality eraser so you can neatly correct errors, and take a pencil sharpener if you have one so you won't have to leave your seat and test paper during the exam.
- Rulers and protractors: Math tests often require you to measure lengths, widths, and angles. If you suspect that these types of questions will be on the test, bring along a ruler and a protractor.
- Calculators: Depending on what grade you are in and the type of test you are taking, you may be permitted to use a calculator. Take along a spare set of batteries just in case, and check to see whether certain calculator models are prohibited.
- Tables and other reference material (if permitted): Some teachers may request that you bring certain reference materials, a list of formulas or a periodic table for instance, to the exam with you. If this is the case, make sure to bring only the materials that you are told to bring, and be sure that the allowed papers do not contain any unauthorized information.
- Student ID: If you're attending a large university, you may end up taking a test or exam alongside hundreds of other students. In these instances, you may be asked to bring your student ID or another form of identification that test supervisors can use to verify your identity. As a result, you should locate a copy of the exam rules before your test day to determine whether this is the case or not.
Test Taking Central-Home
Last Updated: 03/22/2013